Tuesday, November 24, 2009

RIP Javad

This poem is dedicated to the dedicated, eternal brother of the Black Nationalist movement who died this week from pnemonia after having been in a coma and having H1N1.

a brother died in the struggle
not from AIDS, violence or abuse
he carried the weight
of his communities’ ailments
in his earthly body
offered self affirmation
to young people
JAVAD
You will be Remembered.

Look out for us
from afar
the spirit realm’s now
where you reside

* * *

a good brother died
because he carried other’s pain and hurt
and longing and separation
because he ate too many cheeseburgers
take care of yourselves so we don’t lose good brothers and sisters
to more disease

3 comments:

  1. I just received word that Javad is on life support. We will see what happens. The above art is still true in response to how I felt if Javad would have died. Prayers to him and fam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a touching piece but I'm very dismayed about a death poem for someone who is still alive. A good brother hasn't died. And we won't just wait & see. We'll keep praying, more so than ever, that he returns to health and continue to send him positive, healing energy instead of eulogizing him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wrote this poem when I was falsely told he had transitioned, i expressed my feelings and I'm glad I did. Javad did pass the following week, and blessings out to his spirit and his fam.

    ReplyDelete