Saturday, October 3, 2009

Empty


I punch through walls and throw up in your car
I date your lover and you’re glad I did
my life enhances yours
you wish I was always there
you wish I was always there
occupying empty space
space which eats at you until your intestines are gone
a tapeworm that never leaves
I am the power that the tapeworms envy
wish they could eat your intestines the way I fill you up
wish they could leave you feeling destroyed and empty
the way I leave you feeling strong
the way I leave you feeling your babies are safe
your life is safe
the world is yours
nobody can take it I have given it to you and my hands are clean and dirty
just like yours
I wash my hands in Nubian rich soap
in lovers’ water
in rose water
in puddles left over nights
in cigarette smoke
I wash my hands in your babies’ bathwater
thank you
thank you god for letting me in
thank you for housing me
thank you for the gift of words
I say thank you because I am blessed
I follow your path and the tapeworms disintegrate into dust
into nothing but dust
which when I touch it
turns to gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment